Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Hello to our Community Users,
We're pleased to share that you can now upload images in our Community and (for subscribers) the Recipe Builder!
Thank you for being so patient while our team worked on getting this fixed.
- WeightWatchers.com Customer Service
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Hello to our Community!
As most of you may be aware, there are issues with uploading images for profiles, blogs and photo albums. Our techs are aware of this and working on a fix.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our users.
Thank you for bearing with us at this time.
WeightWatchers.com Customer Service
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
To All Our Weight Watchers® Mobile App Users,
Due to an incredible response to our latest release and all its great new features our iOS servers have become overloaded. As a result we've had to temporarily disable logins for Weight Watchers Mobile App for Android smartphone, iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause at this time.
Those who have an active wireless Internet connection can still track online! Please point your mobile browsers in the direction of our recently revamped mobile website at http://m.weightwatchers.com . There you can track your food, activity and weight, set your healthy checks, as well as check out articles, recipes, Weight Watchers Meeting locations and more!
For those who do not have Internet Access but do have a camera, you can take photos of your meals to track later with our Snap n Track feature once access has been restored.
Again our apologies at this time regarding our Weight Watchers Mobile app.
- Customer Service
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Hello to our subscribers!
We wanted to post about tracking issues many of you may have encountered these past couple of days.
Databases commonly have a set limit to ensure efficiency in retrieving information. When the Plan Manager was first built, a set figure was entered which at the time was thought to be very high. We surpassed it and then some while bringing exponentially more foods to you over these past several weeks.
The result is that any attempt to add more foods by our subscriber’s results in errors.
This includes saving Favorites in the Weight Watchers® Barcode Scanner app for Android and iOS users, as for now those become user-added foods when introduced to any PointsPlus® Tracker.
We are pleased to confirm that the first part of this fix has been made as of this morning. Anything from that time forward created by you or added by our Barcode Scanner app will be fine.
There remains the balance of this fix, which involve activities performed from Sunday through this morning. User-added foods entered retroactively on those days or applying any user-added foods created during that time will close Plan Manager or crash Weight Watchers Mobile apps. Our engineers are working diligently to prepare this fix in the hopes of applying it very soon. We’ll keep you updated.
WeightWatchers.com Customer Service
Friday, July 13, 2012
We recently blogged about plans to upgrade our food database for subscribers. After many tests and new products added to our listings. we now have thousands more branded foods for you to look up for shopping or dining out! We know you'll be pleased to see more of your favorite foods in those PointsPlus® Tracker searches rather than having to add them yourselves.
We are now in the process of replacing old entries with new ones, which some of you may have noticed. This will occur into the weekend.
The side effects to this transition may be easily remedied:
1. Because of this change, any obsolete food entries which were set as Favorites have dropped off your Favorites list. Please re-search and re-add them.
2. For Recipe Builder recipes and saved Meals, these ingredients will still appear in the recipe but greyed out. The recipes should still work, but you may wish to edit them and replace the obsolete ingredients with their new ones.
3. Great news for Mobile users of our Weight Watchers® Barcode Scanner app! Sometime in the near future, foods you save as Favorites in the app will no longer count as user-added food items and work just like your PointsPlus Tracker Favorites!
We thank you for your patience and hope you find these changes make up for these inconveniences and enjoy the vast variety of brands we now offer our subscribers!
- Customer Service Team
Thursday, May 31, 2012
We're still installing our new site, so please pardon our appearance. Images are being gradually restored. Click Reload or (for Internet Explorer users) Refresh if the layout of a page looks strange and allow your browser to purge its stored data.
The New Challenges Have Arrived!
We've re-launched our Challenges with many new options, including a teams versus individuals mode. For subscribers we offer challenges which automatically pull results in from Plan Manager (for example, a challenge to track food or activity daily). We now also allow a Challenge owner to choose whether to participate with everybody else or just moderate (for example: to referee a team Challenge).
Subscribers' Site Features
We've fine tuned our blue navigational buttons so that you can move your mouse over them to other areas of the screen without their snapping open. They will now open if you hover over a button a little longer.
Subscribers will see a small orange icon on the homepage dashboard to remind them to track or enter their latest weight.
More Branded Foods in the PointsPlus® Tracker
Starting next week, we will add new foods to our PointsPlus Tracker database. This will be done little by little over a three week period. If you have any user-added branded foods either because we did not have then in search results or they were added while using our Weight Watchers® Barcode Scanner app, you may see these become part of our listing to replace as Favorites.
Weight Watchers® Mobile for Android Users
An update is now available on Google Play for download. This will accommodate the new database foods mentioned in the previous paragraph. Important: Once you launch the updated app, your Favorites and Recently Added foods could be missing. Simply log out and back in to restore them.
Be sure to visit the What's New Blog for additional information.
As always when we update our website, it is recommended that you thoroughly clear your cache and cookies to ensure quality browser performance.
Monday, February 06, 2012
A recent OS upgrade for BlackBerry altered login protocols sufficiently to cause our app PointsPlus® Calculator to reject anyone signing in. As existing users reached their 30th day and were due to re-verify eligibility, they too would find themselves locked out.
Our developers worked to integrate the necessary changes as quickly and efficiently as possible, and the newest release with this correction went live late last week. When you update the application (or delete what you have and re-install fresh from AppWorld), you should be able to log right in with your Weight Watchers® Online or Weight Watchers eTools subscription account.
Thank you all for your patience while we worked on a fix.
For more on this and other recent fixes, please visit our What's New Blog.
Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Hello again and thanks for all your feedback!
We wanted to touch base about a couple of things regarding our mobile products:
1. Updates for Weight Watchers® Mobile for iPad & iPhone and Weight Watchers Mobile for Android have been pushed back and should be available sometime next week.
In the meantime, the PointsPlus® Tracker on them should accurately reflect your Daily PointsPlus Target and Weekly PointsPlus Allowance, just like on the website.
2. The Weight Watchers Mobile website (aka http://mobile.weightwatchers.com) is up. For some users an error screen appears after logging in. When the screen is refreshed the PointsPlus Tracker loads. Our techs are looking into why the error page appears first for some users.
Friday, December 02, 2011
We have many new and updated features on WeightWatchers.com. Here are some highlights:
- Subscription Pages have a new look with expanding menus. Access your favorite tools and features with one click!
- Compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act. We've made our website more accessible than ever for those with special needs.
* The PointsPlus® 2012 Plan!*
- We've lowered the minimum for the Daily PointsPlus Target to 26. Those who were 29 due to the cap but in actuality were of a lower calculation may find they now have a new Daily PointsPlus Target. Likewise, those not losing or on maintenance would see an additional 6 added to that number. In other words, someone on Maintenance with 35 yesterday could be 33 today by default.
- Flexibility at its best! Customize your Daily PointsPlus Target and/or Weekly PointsPlus Allowance to better suit your needs.
- Activity PointsPlus Swapping: Weekly, Daily, before or after using up your Weekly PointsPlus Allowance, or turn off Activity swapping altogether.
- An optional Weekly Activity PointsPlus Goal! If you're active or plan to be, take the assessment and let the Weekly Activity PointsPlus Goal be your guide. This too may be adjusted to suit your needs and your own unique fitness requirements.
- Change between Tracking and Simply Filling techniques on a day by day basis as needed. Your Weekly PointsPlus Allowance will accommodate the changes.
** Lifetime eTools **
It's here! If you attend Weight Watchers® Meetings and are a Lifetime Member within your goal weight range, you may be eligible for Weight Watchers Lifetime eTools! Please speak with your Leader or Receptionist for more information.
*** Known Issues ***
- Throughout today things such as overlapping text, missing images, and unusual layouts may be prevalent throughout the website. Our techs are aware of these; they should clear up for the most part by tomorrow morning.
- Community Users will find that community searches may replace custom Profile and Blog images with a generic placeholder image on results pages. We are aware of this and it will be addressed in a future release.
** iPhone Application **
Look for a new release of Weight Watchers Mobile for both iPad & iPhone and Android very soon, possibly sometime today. This will accommodate the PointsPlus 2012 plan. Until then the apps will work but will still have your pre-upgrade Daily PointsPlus Target.
Subscribers will find their Weight Tracker will now display their entries with different colors based on whether they manually entered weights or they were automatically entered at a Weight Watchers Meetings Center.
If data does not look right following the upgrade, for example featured recipes display the wrong image, please delete and install the app fresh once your PointsPlus Tracker entries are up to date.
** Browser Issues? **
As usual when we update our website, it is recommended that you clear your cache and cookies to ensure quality browser performance. You will find directions to perform these manouevres in the Help section under Billing & Technical Questions / Technical Troubleshooting.
My weight loss
Friday, October 21, 2011
Hello to our users!
We thank you for your patience while our site was down twice this week for overnight maintenance.
Some fixes were applied to the community, such as text cut off on the right on discussion posts. However, most fixes and added functionality were made on the back end and were not visible to our users.
As always when we update our website, it is recommended that you clear your cache and cookies to ensure quality browser performance. You will find directions to perform these maneuvers in our Help section under Billing & Technical Questions / Technical Troubleshooting.