The Unofficial Weight Watchers Handbook, Chapter 1: Getting Started
1/1/2012 12:15 PM
| COMMENTS (20)
For all the newbies who just signed up and are looking for a quick exit, here’s a must-do list of the top, most proven, surefire ways to fail miserably with Weight Watchers, compiled by yours truly in my forthcoming book, The Unofficial Weight Watchers Handbook:
1. Only spend a few minutes looking over the Getting Started materials. The details can be overwhelming, and you’ll pick up the basics at some point later along the way.
2. Don’t tell people you’ve joined Weight Watchers, until you’re almost to goal. The fewer people you tell, the less explaining you’ll have to do later if you give up.
3. When you first sign up, don’t start officially Tracking until you’ve eaten all the “bad” food in your pantry and kitchen cupboards first.
4. Don’t get bogged down in exact measurements for every little thing you eat. It takes too much time, and you’ll get so tired of it that you’ll quit. It’s much better just to eyeball portion sizes, until you get the hang of it.
5. Did you have a bad day and go over your Daily Points Target? No problem, just start over next week.
6. Fill your pantry with your trigger foods. Part of the program is about testing your willpower. You’ll feel great, knowing that you have the willpower to withstand the torture of having all that junk food stockpiled in your home.
7. Follow the One-Bite-Rule, when it comes to trigger-foods: if you take a bite, you might as well eat the whole thing, because you’ve blown it, at this point.
8. Following the Good Health Guidelines is purely optional. If you’re having trouble staying within your Daily Points Target, the GHG’s should be the first to go.
9. Weigh yourself periodically throughout the day to closely monitor your progress.
10. Don’t set fluffy feel-good goals, like losing a measly 5% of your weight. You’re just kidding yourself by taking your focus away from reaching your ultimate goal weight.
Stay tuned for Chapter 2: Best Practices For Tracking….
My weight loss