Plateau & ActiveLink

Written by lisainchicago (lisa) on 7/15/2012 4:25 PM | COMMENTS (2)

I've been fairly quiet lately because I'm feeling very frustrated. I've been stuck in this plateau since January. I've gone up and down the same 10 lbs since then. I've tried changing so many things - intensifying my activity, doing it for a longer period of time and read more about how 70% of losing weight is actually done in the kitchen (the other 30% is activity), so I analyzed what I was eating and tried cleaning that up a bit more. Nada. Zip. Nothing. I'd lose a lot the first week doing it and put it right back on the second week and stay the same from there out.

I used to watch the show the Biggest Loser. I stopped when I found it was incredibly demotivational for me to watch these people lose so much so fast. It made me more depressed that I couldn't do that (I don't have that kind of time to dedicate to nutrition and exercise as I think most of us not living in TVland don't). But I loved the trainers, Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper and all the tips they gave people. I also really loved the Body Bugg contestants used, but when I researched buying one, it was just too cost prohibitive. Plus, then I'd be following WW and trying to count calories? Too much, just too much in my already hectic schedule.

Well, I had a really bad week a couple weeks ago where I was so frustrated... I'd done everything right and had a 1 1/2 lb gain. It led to me spiraling out of control and eating anything that wasn't nailed down and I weighed in the next week with an 11.8 lb gain. Seriously. So easy to do. I was in tears and knew I was weighing in because I needed to hit that reset button and get back on track, but I was upset. Why can't I lose? Why am I remaining at this plateau? I was near tears when talking about all of this with my fabulous leader, Carla.

I was given some hope when she told me to hang in there that WW was coming out with a product she thought could really help me (this isn't the first time we've talked about my frustration over the last bunch of months). She told me about ActiveLink but couldn't say too much. I went home and searched and found out what I could and in subsequent weeks, she could talk about it a little to build the excitement of it being released this morning.

This is a small device you wear that looks like a USB thumb drive and it functions like a USB thumb drive, you plug it into the computer and set it up - it links to your eTools account. After an eight day assessment where you're meant to just go about your normal activity wearing it in various ways (either in your pocket, on your belt, hanging from your neck or clipped to a bra strap), it will give you feedback and put together a 12-week fitness plan for you.

One thing I'm nervous about is when I asked Carla about APs, I asked her if she'd been calculating them correctly or if she'd been giving herself too many or too few and it turns out, she's been giving herself too many, so I wonder how this will work for me.

This has given me some hope, though. Something's got to break, my body needs to regroup, know I'm NOT letting it gain again and then release the rest it's hanging on to. I hope this gets me back on the track and gets me and keeps me at my goal.

xoxo

Categories: My weight loss


You need to be logged in to post.

Log In
Register Now

  • Post Image lisainchicago (lisa)

    7/23/2012 3:47 PM
    I'm not sure yet. I just posted about my results and it makes no sense to me. Will post when I hear from my leader or someone else who has more experience with the ActiveLink comments. Thank you! :)


  • Post Image mainenas62

    7/18/2012 9:19 AM
    Lisa: All the best - please update and let us know how it's working for you after the assessment period is over. G'luck!




ADVERTISEMENT
 




Privacy | For subscribers only: Subscription Agreement

WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.
© 2014 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2014 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.



International Sites TRUSTe Certified Privacy image